There are currently 2 full-time school doctors in the school. We have set up a medical office to provide timely medical assistance to students.
Medical staffs in the medical office provide the following services to students: good hygiene supervision in teaching, sports, work, equipment, environment, food and personal activities; actively prevention and treatment of common diseases, like myopia, trachoma, intestinal worm infections, decayed tooth and periodontal disease; strengthen prevention and management of infectious diseases with early detection, early reporting, early isolation, early treatment and spread controlling. The clinic is also responsible for students’ vaccination organization, the treatment and referral work of common diseases or trauma of teachers and students, the students' health card and student health record; Participating in the formulation of students’ nutrition recipes and etc. In addition, students are regularly organized for physical examination. And we actively do the job in the prevention and treatment of common diseases, frequently occurring diseases and provide the details of the feedback to the parents.
During the students’ stay in school, staff in Baishan School will work hard to help students with special health needs, such as food and medicine allergies, students with visual or hearing disabilities, students with language difficulties, students requiring special support such as walking sticks and wheelchairs. If you have any feedback of the health needs of your children, please feel free to contact the clinic.
Second, special tips
It is better to use medicine at home. However, if your child must use medicine in school, please follow these following guidelines:
All the medicine must be placed in a container with a well-defined label. The container should be marked with the child’s full name, the child’s class, the name of the medicine, the dosage to be taken, and the time of treatment. Parents are required to hand over the medicine to the school doctors, inform them how to use the medicine during school and fill in the relevant forms for registration.
Students are not allowed to bring their own medicine: It is forbidden for students to carry any medicine (prescription medicines or OTC) to school. Parents or guardian must deliver the medicine to the school's clinic and personally remove all the remaining medicine from the clinic after the end of the medication period. We will keep the medicine in a safe and suitable place and keep records on time. The clinic maintains a daily record of all medicine dispensing. At the end of the semester, the school will handle all the undelivered medicine. Our school stipulates that school doctors must not dispense any medicine, including OTC without a written explanation from a doctor.
Third, infectious diseases
For the health of all teachers and students, please do not send unwell children to school. Whether infectious diseases can be effectively controlled depends on the cooperation of families. If your child has any symptoms of illness that may be transmitted to other children, please report it to the teacher or notify the school doctor in time and follow the rules below:
1. Children with fever should stay at home, and can be back to school after 24 hours after the fever allays.
2. If the child is vomiting, please stay at home until the child is recovered. After that the child can be back to school.
3. Infectious diseases such as red eye, pustule, hand-foot-and-mouth disease and so on must be promptly reported to the school doctor.
4. Strep throat (streptococcal tonsillitis): If the child is suspected or has been diagnosed with strep throat, diagnosis and implementation of treatment should be done at least 48 hours before child returning to school.
5. Head lice: Before returning to school, the child should be well healed or with no lice eggs.
6. Chickenpox: The child can return to school after scabbing out and confirmed by the doctor.
Infectious diseases include: hand-foot-and-mouth disease, mumps, pertussis, chicken pox, septic laryngitis, impetigo, measles, head lice, scabies, ringworm, roseola, pink eye, rubella, infectious monocytosis, scarlet fever, etc.
Fourth, off-campus medical services
If students feel unwell in school, the school doctor will decide whether to contact their parents. In the event that a child needs an out-of-school medical service, first, the school doctor needs to contact the student’s parents or an emergency contact person. If his/her parents or emergency contact person are not available, or cannot be contacted in emergency cases, we will contact a nearby emergency hospital or call 120.
Please read the following rules carefully:
1. When a student’s body temperature reaches 37 degrees Celsius, the student will be taken care of by the school doctor in the school's clinic.
2. When the body temperature exceeds 37.5 degrees Celsius, we will inform the parents to pick up their children at school.
3. When the body temperature exceeds 38.0 degrees Celsius, the child should stay at home morrow, in order to make the child have a rest and recovery and reduce the risk of transmission to other students.
Fifth, sick leave absence
School doctor receives daily health information of sick students. If the student is absent from school for more than 2 days, the school doctor will contact the parents for more information. If it is due to infectious diseases, please show the confirmation of recovery from the doctor before returning to school.